The 20 Most Romantic Cities By Amazon
I believe that romance is always in the air. The month of February is nothing special to me because I believe that Valentine's Day should be celebrated every. single. day. In fact, I strongly believe that romance should be a breathing entity within marriage that receives daily nourishment from husband and wife. It's a good thing my husband feels the same way. Right? When I say I am partial to romance, that's an understatement. So, when I came across a study that was performed by Amazon this year about romance, I was at full attention.
The retail giant Amazon released the results of the most romantic cities in the United States based on a collection of sales data that have more than 100,000 residents on a per ca pita basis. How was the data determined? The Press Release explains it all.
So what cities topped Amazon's list of for the most romantic for 2017?
- San Antonio, Texas
- Miami, Florida
- Alexandria, Virginia
- Orlando, Florida
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Columbia, South Carolina
- Vancouver, Washington
- Gainesville, Florida
- Seattle, Washington
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Tampa, Florida
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Portland, Oregon
- Round Rock, Texas
- Rochester, New York
A few of the findings that I found to be interesting were:
- Lovers in Seattle and Atlanta set the mood without delay, ordering more Romance novels using Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery than any other city on the list. Top Romance titles included “First Comes Love” by Emily Giffin, “The Rosie Project” by Graeme Simsion and “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes.
- Kindle Unlimited members fell in love with love, reading tens of millions of romance books in the last year, including “Everything We Keep” by Kerry Lonsdale, “Worth the Wait” by Jamie Beck and “Doing It Over” by Catherine Bybee.
- Customers enjoyed binge-watching romantic films and TV series on Prime Video last year. The Amazon Original series “Catastrophe,” “Mozart in the Jungle” and “Doctor Thorne,” as well as movies like “Age of Adaline” and “Equals” were among the most streamed romantic titles.
- From Fleetwood Mac to the Rolling Stones, customers shook it all night long by streaming Classic Rock Love Songs more than any other romantic playlist.
- Amazon Alexa customers got sentimental – some of the most requested love songs on Alexa included “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran, “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston and “Ring of Fire” by Johnny Cash.
- Customers upped their romance game and ordered flowers and chocolate truffles via Alexa.
- Temperatures are rising in Florida as four cities made the Top 20 list.
Did your city make the Amazon list? Well mine did and it came in at number one! I have always thought that San Antonio, Texas was a beautiful and romantic city filled with warm and friendly people. With beautiful landscapes, an unbelievable romantic River-walk, great weather, wonderful entertainment and fabulous food what more could you ask for?
The next time you and your spouse are planning a romantic vacation, then consider San Antonio, Texas for your destination. Hey, don't take my word for it, just ask Amazon!